For more than 40 years, Health Net has built a reputation as one of California’s most trusted health carriers. Health Net’s 3,000 employees and 85,000 network providers serve three million members – 1 in 12 Californians – enrolled in a range of health insurance and health care programs.
Health Net combines affordable prices with choice in plan and network selection which makes it easier to customize care and benefit options. Their HMO network has variety and sustainable pricing so employers can find the right mix of breadth and cost for their needs. In fact, since 2019, Health Net has had one of the lowest average HMO rate changes (averaging nearly two percent)1
Health Net offers its members access to a choice of HMO (Health Maintenance Organization) plans in all four Affordable Care Act (ACA) metal tiers, including:
• 8 Platinum HMO plans
• 9 Gold HMO plans
• 3 Silver HMO plans
• 1 Bronze HMO plan
Health Net recently received two national customer service recognitions.
The first recognition was
from Forrester® in which Health Net scored #1 for Customer Service in the Forrester 2021 US Customer Experience Index (CX Index™) survey for the health care insurance payer segment2
. The second recognition was from Newsweek Statista2
. They also honored Health Net as one of America’s top ranked companies for customer service for 20222
Health Net helps ensures care at every stage of life. Their focus is quality health care for people when and where they need it. Get a free quote for your business that includes Health Net.
1 Data from SBG quarterly rate filings with the DMHC. Please refer to regulatory sources for filings: https://wpso.dmhc.ca.gov/premiumratereview/SearchRateFilings
At Health Net, we believe every person deserves a safety net for their health, regardless of age, income, employment status or current state of health. Founded in California more than 40 years ago, we're dedicated to transforming the health of our community, one person at a time. Today, Health Net's 2,600 employees and 85,000 network providers serve 3 million members. That's nearly 1 in 12 Californians.
We have also refreshed our look that lets you – and all Californians – know that you can depend on Health Net for:
Why Health Net?
HMO Plans: you choose a primary care physician, who coordinates all your care
- Better access to quality health care
- Increased diversity and inclusion
- New resources from Centene to better serve you
- Greater strength in bringing new products and services to Californians for better health results
Wellness Programs and Discounts
||Why Choose this Network?
| Full Network HMO
|| 30 Counties Statewide
||The Full Network HMO is our broadest HMO option spanning 30 counties across California and offering access to over 70,000 physicians (PCPs & Specialists) and over 250 hospitals within the service area. This network is great for employers looking to offer wide provider choice and broad access across California, within a classic HMO structure.
30 Counties Statewide
|The WholeCare HMO network includes a select subset of our Full HMO network to include the most cost-efficient providers without compromise in quality or benefits. This flagship network spans 30 counties across California and offers access to over 37,500 physicians (PCPs/ Specialists) and over 200 hospitals within the service area.
| Salud HMO y Más
Southern CA and Parts of Mexico
|A community-based HMO network available in most of Southern California which has been awarded the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Distinction in Multicultural Health Care. We connect a carefully selected group of respected, local doctors and hospitals to the people in their area. In addition, participants will have flexible cross-border access to healthcare in northern Mexico via the SIMNSA network. In total, this includes more than 8,500 physicians (PCPs/specialists) and 50 hospitals across the Salud service area. All while being one of the lowest priced HMOs in Southern California.
Los Angeles, Orange, and San Diego counties
|A tailored HMO network available in Los Angeles, Orange, and San Diego counties that offers more freedom than our other HMO options. Your primary care physician can refer you to any specialist within the entire CommunityCare HMO network, not just specialists within your physician group. This network also includes plans that have deductibles to allow for greater control of costs and premiums, while providing access to over 12,000 physicians (PCPs/Specialists) and over 75 hospitals within the service area.
Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz Counties
|A tailored HMO network available in most of Southern California, as well as Santa Clara and Santa Cruz counties. The network includes over 16,000 physicians (PCPs/Specialists) and over 140 hospitals within the service area.
Health Net is focused on giving you all the tools you need to live a healthier, more productive life. Our programs help empower you to make healthy lifestyle decisions for you and your family.
Performance as promised
- Nurse Advice Line – a licensed nurse offers guidance anytime of day or night, via phone or chat. You can reach out with any health concern, from how best to manage a chronic condition to how to treat a minor injury. Our nurses are trained to ask the right questions to help you get the care you need and the help to better manage your health.
- Health Promotion Programs are a highly interactive way for you to address and improve risk factors, such as smoking, emotional health, exercise, nutrition and more.
- Health Coaching program Enjoy one-on-one, individual wellness support via telephone with a health coach. Choose from a variety of program topics, including nutrition, stress management, exercise, tobacco cessation and weight loss.
- myStrength A confidential online resource, personalized to help improve your mood. The program’s self-help tools are designed to help empower you to become – and stay – mentally and physically healthy. myStrength supports whole-person health, addressing topics like pain management, substance use, insomnia, depression, anxiety, and prenatal and postpartum behavioral health.
- MinuteClinics Visit convenient locations, typically found in most CVS pharmacies.
- Babylon Health Access to a next generation telehealth platform with AI powered symptom checker, live chat, and virtual visits with a provider.
- Decision Power Healthy Discounts – save with discounts on weight loss solutions with Jenny Craig® and Weight Watchers®, and on other health and wellness products and services.
- TheActive&Fit Direct Program offers fitness center memberships to 10,000+ fitness centers nationwide for just $29.99 a month (plus a $29.99 enrollment fee and applicable taxes)*.
- *29.99 monthly fee and sign-up fee effective January 1, 2021.
We've got your back, 24/7
- Health Net, one of California's longest serving and most experienced Medi-Cal partners, has been named by Newsweek to the publisher's annual "America's Best Customer Service" ranking among health insurance plans.3
- Health Net of California’s Commercial, Marketplace, Medicare and Medi-Cal lines of business have earned the Health Plan Accredited status from NCQA.4
- Health Net ranks the highest in customer service among Health Insurers in Forrester's proprietary 2021 US Customer Experience Index (CX Index™) survey. The ranking was based on responses from more than 85,000 US survey respondents from 13 US industries, including health care plans.
Your health and satisfaction are our priorities. When you become a Health Net member, our customer service center representatives, and our robust website, are here to provide you with the support you need.
Visit us at www.healthnet.com
Health Net Decision Power Healthy Discounts is not intended as a benefit program purchased from Health Net. The Decision Power Healthy Discounts program is made available to specified Health Net members free of charge. Decision Power Healthy Discounts programs offer discounts on products/reduced-fee services. However, the products and services available from Decision Power Healthy Discounts are not part of your medical benefits plan, but are part of Health Net's Wellness Program available to its members. Decision Power Healthy Discounts providers are independent businesses. Health Net does not directly contract with providers. Services and/or supplies must be purchased directly from a Decision Power Healthy Discounts provider.
Health Net members have access to Decision Power® through their current enrollment with any of the following Health Net companies: Health Net of California, Inc.; Health Net Life Insurance Company.
Expires December 2022
Expires June 2022
Machine Readable Files - Link Below