Kaiser Permanente combines care and coverage — which makes us different than your other health care options. Your doctors, hospitals, and health plan work together to make exceptional health care easy to get. That means you’ll have peace of mind knowing care for your total health is there when and where you need it — from your doctor’s office to your living room.
Here for you in California
Across California, we have over 17,000 doctors available to members at more than 500 medical facilities or via virtual care options including video, phone, and email. And we’re producing recognized results.
- Among the highest-rated health plans in California — 6 years in a row1
Affordable options to meet your needs
- Rated the best in state for behavioral and mental health care2
Our plans are priced with your business in mind with many group plans to choose from, including:
- Copayment HMO plans
- Deductible HMO plans
- HDHP and HSA-qualified plans
Dedicated to excellence
Your employees can browse our online doctor profiles to choose a personal doctor based on factors that are important to them — and they can change doctors anytime. And when members register on kp.org, they can enjoy easy-to-use, customized features like being able to:
- Email their doctor’s office with non-urgent questions
- Order most prescription refills for delivery at no cost
- Schedule and cancel appointments
- View their medical history and lab results
- Get cost estimates and pay bills online
Members also have 24/7 access to care by phone, including help determining what level of care they may need.
Your healthy place should reflect who you are
We believe your story, background, and values are as important as your health history. To help deliver care that’s sensitive to your culture, ethnicity, and lifestyle, we:
- Hire doctors and staff who speak more than one language
- Offer phone interpretation services in more than 150 languages
- Improved health outcomes among diverse populations for conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes, and colon cancer3
Care centered around you
Care at Kaiser Permanente isn’t one-size-fits-all. Our physician-led teams work together to make sure the care you get is tailored to your needs. Your care team is all part of the same network, making it easy to share information, see your health history, and deliver high-quality, personalized care — when and where you need it.
Learn more at kp.org/choosebetter.
1. NCQA’s Private Health Insurance Plan Ratings 2021–2022, National Committee for Quality Assurance, 2021: Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc., of Northern California — HMO (rated 4.5 out of 5); Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc., of Southern California — HMO (rated 4.5 out of 5). NCQA’s Private Health Insurance Plan Ratings 2015–2020, National Committee for Quality Assurance.
2. Health Care Quality Report Card, 2021–22, California Office of the Patient Advocate. 2021–22 edition results are based on 2020 performance data. View the complete report at reportcard.opa.ca.gov.
3. Kaiser Permanente improved blood pressure control in our Black/African-American members with hypertension, raised colorectal cancer screening rates in our Hispanic/Latino members, and improved blood sugar control in our members with diabetes. Self-reported race and ethnicity data are captured in KP HealthConnect, and HEDIS® measures are updated quarterly in the interregional CORE Datamart.
Machine Readable File - Link Below
Southern California - https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/southern-california/front-door/machine-readable
Northern California - https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/northern-california/front-door/machine-readable